Monday, May 2, 2011

The Call - Fargo

A PHONE RINGS IN THE BACKROUND, ALICE PICKS UP THE PHONE.

Alice: Hello….?

ALICE CAN ONLY HEAR BREATHING. A BRIEF CONCERN ARRIVES ON ALICES FACE AS THE BREATHING SOUND CONTINUES. AFTER A FEW SECOND WHICH FEELS LIKE MINUTES TO ALICE THE BREATHING STOPS;

Alice: Hello, is anybody there?

PAUSE , THEN A BREATH.

Voice: This is Alice?

Alice: Yes, who’s this?

Voice: A friend…

Alice: Hank, is this you?

Voice: No, its not Hank, now I’m going to need you to listen and not ask any questions and do exactly what I say. Now is that something you think you can do for me?

Alice: What, I mean who is this?

Voice: I need you to do exactly as I say, don’t ask any questions.

Alice: Well no, if your not gonna tell me who you are then no I won’t do anything. And how do you know me, and know my number?

Voice: That’s classified.

Alice: That’s what they all say!

Voice: Listen it’s of the up most importance that you listen to me, there is not much time, please just hear what I have to say.

Alice: This is worrying me now, who are you and what do you want?

Voice: I’m someone who needs you, and I need you to trust me and to listen to me, you don’t know me yet, but I have known you for years, I’m from your future and if you don’t do exactly what I say then it going to happen and it’s not going to be good.

Alice: What going to happen?

Voice: I can’t tell you that, it would jeopardise what’s got to happen in order to stop what cannot happen!

Alice: This is not making any sense your crazy.

Voice: That’s what you always say, and yes I am, but crazy in a magnificent beautiful way, you also say that!

Alice: Jesus, I’m calling the police!

Voice: NO!!!! Listen Alice, I know you were born on May 6th 1988, and your dream was to become a writer, something you had never told anyone, until you met me, and your first love was a guy called Seb, and you never had the balls to tell him or anyone else for that matter.

Alice: How the hell do you that?

Voice: Because you told me, the one person you trust, the one person you have only ever trusted since your first breath until the one you breathe now.

Alice: This is too much.

Voice: Look, I know but you have to listen to me, everything that has ever mattered in you life, my life and every life that has ever been. It all lands on you, and only you can save us from what about to happen.

Alice: What is bout to happen?

Voice: Go to your front door, someone is standing outside right now.

ALICE LOOKS ANXIOUS, SHE SLOWLY LAYS THE PHONE ON ITS SIDE AND WALKS OVER TO HER FRONT DOOR, FROM THE GLARE OF A STREET LIGHT SHE CAN SHE THE SILHOUETTE OF SOME KIND OF LIVING BEING SHE SLOWLY OPENS THE DOOR, A MAN IN A DENIM SHORT SKIRT AND A SHIRT AND TIE STAND IN FRONT OF HER, ALICE LOOKS VERY WEARY, SCARED AND CONFUSED.

Man: This is not what it looks like.

Alice: I’m not sure what this looks like!

Man: Take this. (He hands her an envelope) The envelope holds all the information you need, apart from why I’m wearing a dress.

Alice: (Looking confused) OK then, what’s in the envelope?

Man: Go back to the phone, speak to him, and all will be revealed.

TO BE CONTINUED.

No comments:

Post a Comment