Monday, May 2, 2011

The Call - D'oh

*RING* *RING* *RING* *RING*

Samantha: “Hello?” a small voice answers

John: “Why hello there, who might you be?” Says the man

Samantha: “Samantha”

John: “Hello Samantha, can I call you Sam?”

Samantha: “Ok, that’s what everyone calls me anyway”

John: “You have a very pretty name Sam. My name is John”

Samantha: “Do you want to talk to my mummy?”

John: “I’d much rather talk to you Sam”

Samantha: “err..ok”

John: “How old are you Sam?”

Samantha: “10 and a half”

John: “Wow, 10 and a half. Do you go to school?”

Samantha: “I do”

John: “What’s your favourite thing about school?”

Samantha: “I like the playground, it’s a lot of fun”

John: “Oh, I bet it is, what’s your favourite thing to play on in the playground?”

Samantha: “I like the swings, but only when my friend Jessie pushes me”

John: “I like the swing too. I have one in my backyard, and I’m really great at pushing people on the swing”

Samantha: “I wish I had one in my backyard”

Samantha’s mother: <calls out from another room> “Sam, who’s on the phone hunny?”

Samantha: “Mum is calling for me, do you want to talk to her?”

John: “No sweetie, I want to talk to you. Tell her no one’s on the phone and that you’re going to your room to play”

Samantha: “Uuum… I don’t know”

John: “Oh go on, it’ll be fun. We can talk about all sorts of stuff”

Samantha: “Well…ok” <Samantha calls out to her mother> “No one’s on the phone ma, I’m going to my room to play”

John: “Atta girl”

Samantha: “So, who are you?”

John: “Well, my name is John. I work for a company that advertises in magazines, and I’m looking for some young models to be in our next big issue”

Samantha: “So why have you called here?”

John: “Well, as my new best friend, I think you’d be perfect for it”

Samantha: <laughs> “I’m not a model, I’m not even pretty”

John: “But you sound very pretty to me, I bet you are. Can you describe yourself to me Sam?”

Samantha: “Umm… I don’t know. I’m not very tall”

John: “At 10 and a half years old, I don’t expect you to be very tall”

Samantha: “I have brown eyes, short brown hair”

John: “You sound perfect! Just what we’re looking for”

Samantha: “Really?”

John: “Uh huh”

Samantha: “I think I better ask my mum”

John: “No, don’t do that. Let’s just keep this between us”

Samantha: “How come?”

John: “Your mum miight not let you do this, and I really want you to do this…
Don’t you want to do this?”

Samantha: “I guess”

John: “Now Sam, tell me what kind of clothes do you like wearing, you know, just so we know what kind of clothes will suit you during the photoshoot”

Samantha: “Umm, I dunno. I usually just wear t-shirts and jeans. Mum makes me wear dresses when we go somewhere nice, but I hate it”

John: “haha… that’s quite alright, we won’t make you wear dresses. So, umm… what do you prefer to wear under your clothes?”

Samantha: “Excuse me?”

John: <His tone of voice changes> “What kind of underwear do you like wearing Samantha?”

Samantha: “Umm.. I dunno mister. I don’t think I want to be modeling underwear”

John: “We just need to know so that we can fit you into something you’re comfortable wearing, that’s all. Do you like lacey ones?”

Samantha: “Uuuum.. I’m not sure”

John: “What are you wearing right now?”

Samantha: “I dunno. Are you sure you need to know all this?”

John: “Yes yes, it’s very important”

Samantha: “If you want me to be comfortable, can’t I just wear my own underwear?”

John: “I guess you could”

Samantha: “Eeeerm, mister?”

John: “Yes dear?”

Samantha: “If mum can’t know about this? Than how am I going to be your model?”

John: “Well, I can always come to you, maybe pick you up from somewhere?”

Samantha: “You can do that?”

John: “Sure I can”

Samantha: “Mum is letting me stay over at Jessie’s house over the weekend, can you come over there?”

John: “Well, doesn’t that work out just dandy, maybe your friend Jessie might like to join in on the fun too?”

Samantha: “She might like that alot, she does like to dress up. Will it take very long?”

John: “No more than an hour or so, I’ll have you back in no time. Just let me know where I can pick you up from”

Samantha: “My friend Jessie lives on Prospect Lane, in Surrey Hills, on the corner. I’m not sure of the number, but their house has a red door”

John: “Very good, I will wait there for you kids in my car at say, noon? tomorrow?”

Samantha: “Sure mister”

John: “Great! I cannot wait to meet you in person. Oh and Sam, remember, not a word to anyone about this”

Samantha: “Ok mister, see you soon” <Sam hangs up the phone and pauses for a moment before yelling out at the top of her lungs> “MUUUUUUUUUUUM!!!”

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh, dark! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm starting to suspect you're a tad bit twisted Doh. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete