Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Dusty Eyes - Jow Bates

Beneath the shutters, 
Stuttered sunlight musters,
Dusty eyes reflecting mica,
Broken glare of morning light, 
A golden speck of hazel iris,
Must be... Early risers.


Nothing to do today, I just wanted to see you.


*****


YOUR LIFE - WALKTHROUGH
1. Early perspective fractures reason, so don't make any decisions. 
2. Coffee's on, pick a song to get changed to.
3. Switch on the Playstation.
4. Absent mindedly check the fridge, you're not hungry.
5. Have another coffee, the fog's bound to clear soon.
6. Think about tidying, while start up times render your escapism.
7. Decide it's not the best time to make that phone call.
8. Lose a few hours to freestyling narrative onto an underdeveloped storyline, doesn't matter which.
9. Coffee's gone cold, drink it anyway.
10. Getting up was a terrible idea, go back to bed.
Congratulations, you have now completed your day.


*****


It started out simpley enough, an exchange of witticisms, a cleverly guised commentary on social deviance illuminated by the off colour use of its own relavent linguistics, I never thought it would actually take hold. This had to be a joke, surely people didn't take this sort of thing seriously, did they? I mean really, a fucking swear box? It had ruined the office dynamic as far as I was concerned; 20-bollocking-p for every off-the-twatting-cuff remark I wanted to fucking make. There goes sponti-shitting-nuity, and had it cleaned up my language?- Fuck no. Infact it seemed to be considerably worse. This an irony not least highlighted by the £4.20 I'd managed to piss away attempting to defend my freedom of fucking speech. Fractured reason viewed through dusty eyes, no room for growth here, idiots.


*****

I wish my brain worked the way it used to.

1 comment:

  1. Loved the poem, and a great list, you can't ask for anything more then that when you read something!

    ReplyDelete