Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Dusty Eyes - John Browski

A lot of the time, I used to get dusty eyes because I'd go and buy records from old dusty shops. I'd spend hours going through the record racks, inevitably finding copies of the grease OST or mantovani albums, or at least one Cliff Richard single. The time i spent looking through dusty shelves could have been spent doing many weeks-worth of other things. Even when I'd go on holiday, whoever i was with would be endlessly dragged through the grimier parts of the city to find a run-down record shop, or music shop, or charity shop where there MIGHT be record. my spidey-sense could search them out easily. I'd like to start again, but i fear i'm too old. on top of that, i've got most of the records i ever wanted, and i can't see why getting more would be a bonus, unless it was something really special. Would you believe that i have too many records to comfortably fit into a garage? since those halcyon days, I've changed my approach. now i can find stuff online, and i don't have so m much. not to put too much of a downer on things, but my eyes tend to water over different things now, and my attention is taken up uch of a disposable income, or time in which to go record shopping, I don't suffer from dusty eyes sowith other matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment