Sunday, January 30, 2011

Coffee Cup - D'oh

I like my coffee like I like my men (I don’t even like coffee).

Perhaps it’s just the instant credibility that is received amongst work colleges when it comes to ordering a skinny latte with two Splenda's and using one of those reusable, environmentally friendly coffee cups that seems to say “hey! – I’m smart and sophisticated and I care about things”, all the while, realizing that the ground coffee beans in the cup were harvested from a fragile unsustainable rainforest ecosystem, on the verge of collapse, where the workers; underage, overworked and underpaid are whipped into submission, along with other torturous and carnal methods of motivation.

Sometimes I think; if only they realized… if only they realized that the rest of the world was in an even greater state of disrepair, it might give’m a little perspective.

I mean, had they realized that my Starbucks had run out of Splenda for my skinny latte, they mightn't be so difficult.

3 comments: