Sunday, February 20, 2011

Apologia - Megan Pozzi

Anyway, I’ll leave you to it. I’m boring you and you seem busy.
You’re not, you’re really not and I’m not. I’m not busy. I’m having fun but if you want to go you can. I want you to stay.
Really? You’re having fun?
I am. I really am.
Cool. I’ll stay then.
Cool.
Soooooooooooo....
Soooooooooooooo when you say you’ll leave me to it; it actually makes me feel as though you want me to go. If you’re looking for an out just say you need to go and leave.
I like talking to you...it’s just that you’re so interesting I can’t help but feel that someone like me would bore you. I am dull, vacuous and generally of no interest to anyone.
Don’t say that.
Why? It’s true.
If you say so.
Huh? If I say so? What do you mean by that?
Nothing. I’m just saying that if that’s how you believe yourself to be, then you must be like that. Of course, I don’t think that, but I don’t see much point in trying to change your mind.
Right. I get it.
Well, what do you want me to say? You’re wonderful, interesting, amazing, fascinating, intriguing, destined to change the world? I can say it if you want.
I just want you to say what you think.
I think you were born to expand others’ minds.
Shut up.
...
...
Have you seen Zombie Kid Likes Turtles? It’s pretty funny.
Yeah I have. Anyway, I’m going now.
Cya.
Bye.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, great first piece, really good dialogue, conveyed a feeling of awkwardness perfectly.

    Also this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMNry4PE93Y

    ReplyDelete