Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Coaster - Dogmatix

In Hamlet Act 2, scene 2, Shakespeare wrote “Brevity is the soul of wit”, ironically it’s hard to define this quote succinctly, but I guess it boils down to this -
 
keep things simple.

-

It’s hard for me to envisage my own transiency, and I’ve struggled to comprehend it when people say “Live fast, die young”, “I’m here for a good time, not a long time” or “I hope I die before I get old”. I prefer Morgan Freeman’s line from the end of Shawshank Redemption -
 
get busy livin’ or get busy dyin’.
 
-

I don’t know about you, but I’m not immortal and so far I’ve failed to keep things simple, I’ve yet to get busy livin’ or get busy dyin’ and I don’t put my glass on a coaster, but I’ve got plenty of time left.
 
-

coaster.
 
Eyes open slowly
Early morning footsteps heard
Cup’s on the coaster

No comments:

Post a Comment